- 10 Ways Nonprofits Can Use Blogs - If you are a nonprofit looking for ways to improve your blog or would like to start a blog, this list with examples of nonprofit blogs is one resource you should read. After I read this, I started looking at nonprofit blogs in a different way.
- Social Networking for Nonprofits - This entry I wrote brought up some discussion on NetSquared. It has information on how nonprofits can use groups, profiles, and blogs on MySpace. It also has links to nonprofits on MySpace.
- Thirteen Tips for Effective Tagging - This is a great resource about tagging and how to tag in del.icio.us.
- Ten Ways to Use Web 2.0 to Change the World -This list has information about blogging, Technorati, RSS, and tagging. This is very helpful for those new to using web 2.0 technologies.
- How to Pinpoint the Right Social Networking Tools for Your Nonprofit, and Get the Support and Budget to Put Them to Work - This post is from Getting Attention and was part of the Nonprofit Consultant Blog Carnival. It is a great resource because the bloggers listed each had something different to say about social networking for nonprofits.
- Affinity Groups at N-TEN - This new online community launched in May is a great place for people involved in nonprofit technology to connect with each other. As of now, there are over 1,000 members and 78 affinity groups you can join.
- TechSoup's Office on Second Life - TechSoup has a virtual office on SecondLife. They hold meetings there and have an e-mail list discussing nonprofits in SecondLife. This is something that began this year.
- NP Tagvocates - This is an affinity group on N-TEN that was formed after the NetSquared Conference. I think is a great resource because we are spreading the use of tags across the nonprofit sector.
- Tech Glossary Wiki - TechSoup created this wiki and it became public during their online event on wikis in November. It is a glossary of technology terms as it relates to nonprofits. I think this is one of the best items because anyone can sign up to be a part of this collaborative project and add and edit terms and definitions. This also seems to be one of the first technology glossaries for the nonprofit sector.
- Logo Collage - I created this collage for the science fair at NTC last year, even though I did not attend. I had so much fun making this in PhotoShop and I was really impressed with how it turned out.
- A Snapshot from the TechSoup Office on Second Life - A picture of some of us in SL wearing our TechSoup shirts.
- NetSquared Conference - I think this was one of the best items of this year. I know I gained lots of new knowledge by participating remotely. This conference led to new things in the nonprofit technology world.
- Idealware: Getting Started with Blogging Software - Are you new to blogging and interested in learning about different blogging tools? This report from Idealware has lots of information about blogging tools. The link above lets you download the report from Idealware. Techsoup also posted an article about the tools that were reviewed in the report at Seven Blogging Tools Reviewed.
- The Young and the Generous - A report by Network for Good - This is a very informative study by Network for Good about the growing trend of online charitable giving. Not only was this interesting to read, but lots of bloggers wrote about this study. The link above is to the website to download the report. If you are interested in reading a summary, check out my post here.
- Network for Good Charity Badges - These badges were just introduced in December. People can search for charities on Network for Good to support and raise money for them by placing the badge on their website or blog. This is a great new way for nonprofits to recieve donations.