- 92% of nonprofit professionals use content marketing.
- The social media platform used the most to distribute content is Facebook (91%). Other platforms used are Twitter (69%), YouTube (65%), LinkedIn (53%), Google+ (27%), and Pinterest (25%).
- The top 3 goals for nonprofit content marketing are fundraising (79%), brand awareness (73%), and engagement (65%). I was surprised to see that website traffic was at 51% and volunteer recruitment was at 43%.
- The top 3 metrics for nonprofit content marketing success are increased fundraising (66%) , website traﬀic (53%), and social media sharing (49%). It was interesting to see that subscriber growth was at 31%.
- The 7 content marketing challenges that nonprofit professionals face the most are lack of time (69%), lack of budget (67%), producing the kind of content that engages (48%), lack of knowledge and training (45%), inability to measure content eﬀectiveness (36%), producing enough content (35%), and producing a variety of content (31%).
Thursday, November 14, 2013
The 2014 Nonprofit Marketing Report was just released by Blackbaud and The Content Marketing Institute. Here are some of the findings: