Here are some of the findings:
- Once again the three most important goals for nonprofit communications strategies are acquiring new donors (53%), engaging our community (49%) and general brand awareness (39%). The percentages are lower, but the order of the three are still the same.
- Once again the three most important tools are websites, social media other than blogging, and email marketing.
- The three most important social media sites are still Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Nonprofits are most likely to add or experiment with Instagram (30%), Pinterest (29%), YouTube (28%), and LinkedIn (27%) this year.
- The biggest challenge nonprofits expect to have is still lack of time to produce quality content.
- Nonprofits still expect to spend the most time producing content for Email newsletter articles, Facebook updates, and event marketing.