Here are some of the findings:
- Environmental group experienced the most growth in email list size and saw the greatest increase in the number of online gifts. This was the only group to send more advocacy email than fundraising email.
- Health organizations sent the fewest fundraising emails.
- Hunger/Poverty organizations had the highest website donation conversion rate — 3.6% of their website visitors made a donation.
- Wildlife/Animal Welfare groups posted at a greater rate than anyone else on both Facebook and Twitter.
E-mail List Growth
- Environmental was the only group that saw an increase. (from 20% to 32%)
- Wild/Animal Welfare stayed the same at 21%.
- Hunger/Poverty went way down from 58% to 15%.
- Medium organizations was the only size that increased. (10% to 15%)
- Both small and large organizations decreased. Small organizations went from 29% to 13% and large organizations went from 16% to 8%.
- Hunger/Poverty organizations sent the most fundraising messages. They also only sent one newsletter during the year.
- Rights organizations sent out the most newsletters during the year. (9)