- The three most important goals nonprofit communications strategies are acquiring new donors (57%), engaging our community (52%) and general brand awareness (45%). Creating website traffic was at 22% and building print or e-mail list was at 18%.
- Websites, social media other than blogging, and email marketing are the most important tools.
- The three most important social media sites are Facebook (94%), Twitter (62%), and YouTube (42%).
- Nonprofits are most likely to add or experiment with Pinterest this year.
- Nonprofits expect to spend the most time this year producing content for Email newsletter articles (52%), Facebook updates (49%), event marketing (38%), and website articles (36%). Producing content for blog posts was at 20%, Twitter updates was at 18%, and infographics was at 6%.
- The biggest challenge nonprofits expect to have is lack of time to produce quality content.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
2013 Nonprofit Communications Trends Report
The 2013 Nonprofit Communications Trends Report was just released. Here are some of the findings: