Here are some of the findings that I thought were interesting:
- The most common activities on arts organizations websites are content creation, sharing, and comments. These activities include posting photos (94%), allowing users to share content (90%), streaming & posting video (81%), streaming or posting audio (57%) maintaining a blog (50%).
- The other major activity on websites is event promotion and management. These activities include maintaining an online calendar (74%) and selling tickets online (72%).
- I was surprised to see that not many arts organizations have online exhibits (20%) and have educational/instructional content (22%) on their websites.
- The three social media platforms used the most are Facebook (99%), Twitter (74%), and YouTube (67%).
- The most common thing they do with social media is to engage with member before, during, or following an event (82%). The second most common thing is monitoring what people are saying about their organization (77%).