Since I am now interested in seeing which nonprofits use emerging technologies on their website, I have realized there is even more of a "digital divide" in nonprofit websites.
Here are 6 groups I have come up with to describe the gap:
- This group has added a blog, rss feeds, and/or podcasts to their website. Their web content is updated regularly. Their website is also designed well.
- This group has a well designed website. Their website content is updated regularly. They are familiar with emerging technologies and are looking into ways to add them to their website.
- This group has had a website for years. They are up to date with web design. They have heard about emerging technologies but do not understand them. They keep their website content updated as much as they can.
- This group has a website, but there is still room for improvement. They have an updated website which does not have much content. They are ready to redesign their site and add more content to it. They do not know anything about emerging technologies.
- This group has a website but it lacks usability and has not been updated in years. The content on the website is outdated.
- This group does not have a website. They do not know how a website can help their organization.