Pages

Monday, February 07, 2005

nptech tag experiment

I have been participating in the nptech tag experiment on del.icio.us. There are now about 400 bookmarks on the nptech tag list. Now the question is, where is this going? What are we going to do with these bookmarks?

Here is a list of some of the types of bookmarks we have been tagging-

- non-profit organizations that bring technology to communities
- technology companies that provide services to non-profits
- blogs, news sources, articles, and blog entries about nonprofits using technology

I am sure there are many more links that can be added to this list. The nptech tag has also been added to photos and blog entries.

Do you have any thoughts about this tagging experiment?

I can see this experiment lead to a virtual library about nonprofit technology. Imagine a place where you can find news resources, pictures, and other media about nonprofit technology. That is what I hope to see.

As someone looking for a job related to nonprofits and technology, I have been enjoying tagging these links. I have been reading these articles and websites trying to figure out what needs to be improved in non-profit technology, and how I can make a difference.

No comments: