Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2005

nptech tag

I have been posting links to the nptech tag on del.icio.us.

I am really enjoying this because for the past year I have been adding links to my bookmarks that are non-profit organizations that relate to technology, web design companies that design websites for non-profit, and any articles that interested me relating to nonprofits and technology.

I had started adding these links to my bookmarks because one of my career goals is to find a job relating to non-profits and technology. But since I have started using the nptech tag, I have been adding links to websites that might not interest me, but might interest someone else who is interested in non-profits and technology. For example, some of the websites that I was saving in my bookmarks were mainly organizations and companies in the DC area because I hope to find a job there. Since I have been adding links to the nptech tag, I have also been adding links to webpages in other areas.

After reading the messages on the discussion on TechSoup this past week on accessible websites, I realized that is a big issue in non-profit websites. I started adding links to websites about accessibility, web standards, and usability that could help non-profits.


This is still just the beginning of the nptech tag, and I am looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

If you want to read more about nptech, here are some links-

Time to get serious about the Nonprofit Technology Taxonomy Experiment

Folks are jumping on to the tagging experiment

No comments: