I have been thinking alot lately about how tagging and social bookmarking can be used in the nonprofit sector. The one thing that I thought of right away was using tags to organize content better. That means use tags that will help you find content better.
How can you use tags?
- Create a tag that will be used for news and press releases for your organization. Give the URL and/or RSS feed to people outside of your organization to keep up with the news.
- Create tags related to your mission to find links and photos easier
- Create tags for events
- Are you a large organization? Keep track of your members or chapter websites, blogs, other related items using a tag.
- Need to collaborate with other staff members for a project, research, or event? Create a tag for to help collaborate better.
- Do you work at a museum or are you creating a scrapbook? Be sure to tag photos to find these items easier.
These are just a few ways you can use tags. What other ways can you think of?