Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Miriam Engelberg - IU Alum

I learned from N-TEN that Miriam Engelberg passed away. She was a nonprofit technologist, created cartoons, worked at CompassPoint, and wrote a blog about her battle with cancer. Since I did not know anything about her, I decided to search the Internet for information about her. I came across an article about her and learned that she graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelors degree. As an IU Alum, I wish I would have known about her sooner since she would have been a great person for me to communicate with in nonprofit technology.

A few months ago, I started exploring the use of emerging technologies in health through my involvement in NetSquared. I think
Miriam's blog about her battle with cancer and the connection she made with others with cancer is a great example of this.

Here are two cancer related blogs that mention Miriam:

No comments: